Monday, March 12, 2007

I love cookie cutters I truly do.

Hello all my dear friends!
Have I told you I love cookie cutters or biscuit cutters as we call them way down here. Well I do love them that is........metal ones old ones the ones I find from the 1930-50s
It is Easter soon so I just had to give them all a little wash and try a couple of new (old) cutters I had never used before.
So here are some photos of them on my dear old kitchen table that is covered in lino from the 1960's but I have probably told you that before.

Many were hand made in those "olden days" I just cannot go past a simple metal cookie cutter when I see them at a collectibles fair.

Can you see the teddy cutter with a heart shape cut out and the kangaroo and shark :o)


The one in the front has two different cutters on each side the person who made this all those years ago must have been a thinker and decided to put two on the one plate of metal :o)


Boxed sets are wonderful and now very hard to find here in Australia if they are as old as these. The Easter ones are some of my old new ones I am thrilled to now be the owner of.

I also was sent many years ago a set of trick or treat cooky cutters and they are fun. my little grandson J loves the barnyard cooky cutters set and grand daughter little miss F thinks they make great play dough cutters :o)

Today is a public holiday in Victoria Australia so all those who have had three days away I hope you return safely to your homes as it is very busy out there at the moment.

It has been a lovely Autumn day here and I even had to pop a rug over my legs last night while I read a beautiful new cook book but that is a story for another day.

I am going to take time tonight to visit many of my blogger friends so I look forward to that very much.

This is my Monday..............................cookie cutters galore!!!!

12 comments:

Val said...

A shark cookie cutter? Someone must have had a weird sense of humor!

Thought about you as we zoomed past your place today, Lee-Ann. Would have been about 10.30 a.m. Well and truly beat the traffic.

Gina E. said...

So you WERE home! Did you get my phone message about the tv program? Ken taped it for you just in case. It was quite good - some for, some against, but the final wrap up was very positive.
Your cookie cutter collection puts mine to shame; I only have a gingerbread man, star, and heart in my drawer!

Peggy said...

I love your cookie cutters and all the other vintage items on the vintage table... your home is filled with lovely items but still has that warm welcome home feel and look.

smilnsigh said...

Such a nice collection. Not just neat, but usable too. :-)

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

And I love seeing pictures of in your Kitchen. And no, I don't remember you telling me, that your dear old kitchen table is covered in lino from the 1960's. :-)

I think I would call that covering... Oil Cloth. Unless you mean linoleum.

I have my Grandmother's kitchen table. Well used wood. We have it in the Sitting Room and put books and magazines and a lamp and BOES radio on it. :-)

For our eating, we use the same round wood table we got, for a wedding present, 49 years ago. Lots'a old stuff around here! Including us. ,-)

Mari-Nanci

Anonymous said...

I am loving your collection of cookie cutters. You have really put your heart and soul into this and it shows. Thanks for sharing. Hope we get to see some of your beautiful cookies you make.

Take care,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I love that you see something and immediately know which era it comes from. I love making cookies with my chicks... the fact that they don't end up looking much like the animal they are supposed to... well, they try! It's one of those things that you just can't bottle and sell in a shop. Your collection is marvellous. xox

Susan said...

Loved seeing your collection of metal cookie cutters. I use to have some but don't any more. Like so many things I should have hung onto them.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, you have some cool cookie cutters. I only have boring plastic ones ... I must keep my eye out for some like yours.
Hope your weekend was a good one ... ours was wonderful.
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

Carole Burant said...

Oh LeeAnn, what a delightful collection of cookie cutters you have!! Love the way you keep them in a basket! My mom use to have some of those old cookie cutters but I think she threw them all away throughout the years which is such a shame. xox

Susie said...

I love your idea of keeping your cookie cutters out. I have lots, but they are in the cupboard. I think I'd use them more often if they weren't put away..
xoxo

Annie Jeffries said...

I look at these and it reminds me of how many cookie cutters I have and how unused they are. I suppose the least I could do is put them in a pretty basket and display them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin