Friday, May 12, 2006

Vintage treasures fill my heart.


I am a collector of vintage china.........there I have said it!. I am now saying to the world I collect! treasure! and I often sit and wonder just who used these pieces before me. Did they enjoy a chatter as we do today or did they get tucked into the back of a china cabinet never to see the light of day and just gather dust, I just hope upon hope the first case is true they are ment to be used to hold in the hands and sip from or to take a tiny cake from or just set a table for all to enjoy.

Very much like the wonder of a family that you treasure.

One of our daughter's a mother of two herself had to go into hospital over night this week and when she came back to her home and family her worlds were filled with the joy and happiness for her family, about her never taking for granted each and every day and yes even how lucky she was when others have had no luck at all. life like vintage china is such a treasure to be enjoyed each and every day

I am blessed and also reminded each day just how much beauty, be it a china cup or a grandchild fills our lives. yes we are lucky!

May your day be be filled with many dreams that will come true.

6 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

Hi Lee-ann - of course you can join the tea swap. Just email me and give me your postal details and when I get the swap all together, I will send your partner and her info. welcome to the blogging world, its fun!

Peggy said...

we all have so many blessings each day that we sometimes forget to count them... looks like you have all your blessings counted and enjoyed!

Gina E. said...

Hi Lee Ann,
Glad to see you have added another post to your blog, and a lovely photo as well. I was getting a bit worried when you hadn't posted any more, but now I've read about your daughter's problems, I understand why you may not have had time before. I think you will have your own 'fan club' of bloggers very soon, if you put some more photos of your china on here! Like my linen, you have plenty to choose from!

Julia said...

Hi Lee-ann.
I love this china ware...
I have two side plates and a cake plate with handle in this design...

Miss Robyn said...

oh, I adore the name of your blog. Is that the name of your cottage? keep posting - you will make lots of lovely friends and now you have joined a swap - that's wonderful! welcome xoxo

Pear tree cottage! said...

Thank you all for your findness and visits. Ms*robyn I look forward to the swap very much. Peggy yes it is blessings each day that are the most important moments in life arn't they. Gina hello I love the photos of some of the pieces I sent on your blog they look much better now then they did popping them all in the bag to ship to you lol lol!. Robbinwiz, well that is how it starts a couple of pieces and they sit there and look stunning then! before you know it they have grown to the size my collection is.....now if I wisper hubby may not hear! (over 900) pieces now. they are just wonderful and if you need any advice on crinoline just ask. ms*robyn yes our little miners cottage has several pear trees around it that have been here for some 85-95 years.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin