Thursday, December 27, 2007

My real, very old, goose feather tree. A true Christmas treasure in my family.

Tagged for Christmas by Annie! (smiles) thanks dear friend I am sure I can add this to my "must do" list. (smiles)


Here are the golden rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas.
2. Please refer to it as a ‘hoopla’ and not the dreaded ‘m’-word…
3. You have to tag specific people when you’re done. No “if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged” stuff is allowed…then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you — but the more, the merrier to get this ‘hoopla’ circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it! Let’s involve as many people as possible!
5. Please give Andrea some link-love as the “Hoopla-Creator!


So! here are my 12 Facts about Christmas
1..........I LOVE vintage decorations and have them in every room in the house. I am proud to say they have been displayed at the Melbourne museum but this year they are scattered all over our home.

2...........Christmas is not Christmas without roast dinner even if it is 45degC in the water bucket (remember it is summer here) So we have roast turkey, pork and baked ham with roasted potatoes, pumpkin, parsnip and buttered and tossed in maple syrup carrots. and beans with home made gravy, followed by home made plum pudding and brandy custard. My grandmother did it my mother and father took over from her and now I do it for our family.

3.................Christmas is giving so we give gifts to all the charity trees and help the salvo's collection in the city.


4....................I love that My darling husband is the Santa you wish would come down your chimney and this year as always he is Santa for several charity and disabled children's events that is so wonderful putting a smile on a small sick child's face.


5................My husband and I send out many cards but it is true the earlier you start writing them the later it is that they get posted. it is true in this house too.


6...........I love to go and see the Myers shop windows with some of our grandchildren we missed it this year with our new grandchild being born but next year we will all go.


7...........Christmas for us is also the next day "boxing day" we love to sit here at home just the two of us watching the beginning of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race and eat left overs for every meal.

8........I believe! I believe that the spirit of Christmas is with us all and that Christmas means Hope, Love and Peace and that blessings will brighten our journey all the ways!


9..............I love fruit mince pies and while I would love to make them myself buying them is ever so easy and that way you can just keeping topping up the cake tin so you never truly know how many you have had (well that is what I TELL MYSELF!)


10............I am the very proud owner of a true real very old feather tree, it is very battered and sad but I dress it every year and know it belonged to family past and it makes me feel good that I keep the tree as a loving reminder of them all.


11...........Speaking of them all I set my Christmas table with something that reminds us all of family passed on and family absent, my dad always bought a little chocolate plum pudding so each year all my sisters and brothers and myself hunt down a little pudding and place it in the middle of the table to remind us of the love our dad had for us all were ever we are. I have salt cellars and sterling silver spoons from my great grans and my grandmothers cutlery (flat wear) is used. My mothers lovely table cloths are always there and then the collectible spoons used with coffee cups so we sit and chat about places we all visited as a family when the children were tiny.


12............friends are important at Christmas and we have friends over for drinks and nibbles dropping in any time they choose we welcome them anytime and you will find us always have a good laugh and chat about our lead ups to the "big day"

So to absent friends and friends across the waters of the world I wish for you much joy and much happiness Now! today and always.


Christmas day may be over but down here its "let the Summer holidays begin" - That



Now I won't tag anyone but Please feel free to take up this tag and enjoy doing this fun Christmas.

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Nobody does Christmas like you, LeeAnn! What a lovely post. I'm not going to take up the meme challenge - you've said it all! Glad to hear your Christmas Day was everything you wanted it to be; ours was better than we'd expected - lol! And didn't we have fun at the Lodge night! Ken's got a little movie on his mobile of Rob and I singing! Look forward to catching up again in the New Year - your turn to come over for that barbie, and to watch André's latest DVD "Wonderland" - you will absolutely adore it!!!! Right down your alley..

Pam said...

Happy Christmas, LeeAnn - I really enjoyed sharing your celebrations.

Kerri said...

A very merry Christmas dear LeeAnn..a little late, and what a wonderful present you received with your new little one in the family!! Congratulations to Grandma and Grandpa!
And a happy New Year to you as well. May your 2008 be filled with rich blessings!
xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin