Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yes this is the season!





This photo was from our first years event and this year is our third event and they are bigger!
but I would never say better because the effort everyone puts in is amazing!

And this year the season of joy has been filled with such wonderful moments that I wish such wonders to all!




Santa found the time to visit Kyneton three times this year and yesterday he saw over 300 children and mums and dads.



Santa's cave was filled with "Wonder and Joy" as they came in, The smiles on their faces and the many parents who found just little bit of the child in themselves was a wonder in itself to see.




Santa spent lots of time with each child and then the elf scribe would check the naughty and nice list for their names, The elves were all busy making wooden toys and the fairy was busy too reading wonderful Christmas stories to children who sat with their eye open wide with amazement.



There was the wonder of the elf decorating our big tree going up and down a ladder as fast as elves do! then there was mother Christmas who insisted on taking the photos "O! so just right" for parents and children to take home with them to remember this special day.




Why! some of the children were even lucky enough to hear the reindeer's waiting on the roof in their very magic way! but they didn't fool the children who would say YES! they could hear them.............There were many elves and miss elves and fairies and all the other helpers of course dressed in red who came to help the children have a wonderful day......I even saw the "Queen of hearts" Yes I am sure I did! she came through with a tray of cookies for the children to try!



Yes smiles of joy were in every corner of "Santa's cave!"



I would love to share a few photos with you my dear blogger friends and will add New ones from this year later.




O! AND!



This was our charity stocking and we sold tickets to raise money to help those children in our district who needed a little bit of help. the nice thing about this years winners (were announced last night at our Christmas party) is that they were going to give all the pieces in this HUGE stocking to their Church's charity Christmas appeal so we are very pleased.

But as Santa takes a day of rest here today AND I am sure the elves are still busy filling his big red bag!



I wish you all the joy of this season and may all your hopes and dreams come true in the new year!



This is my day!!



6 comments:

RachelD said...

What a bright, wonderful celebration with the children!! To see all the elves and fairies and events through those eyes filled with the wonder of childhood---that's a smiling event, if ever a wiz there was.

I'm so glad to hear that you're all well and doing such lovely things! I still try to imagine the celebration in Summer temperatures, and am so happy to see that you STILL have room for snow-covered items and vignettes, all through the magic of Christmas.

I usually close a Christmas message with "stay well and WARM, my faraway friend," but today I'll just say stay well and just as joyful as you are!

rachel

Mountain Mama said...

I have never heard of such a celebration. What fun for everyone.
I hope your Christmas continues to be filled with such a great time.

Mountain Mama said...

I am terrible late with birthday wishes but must say I'm glad for you that it was so special.
I hope you have a blessed Christmas.

American lady said...

Hope that you had a very Merry Christmas and want to wish you and your dear hubby and family a very Happy New Year!

All our Love,

Denise & Bob

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi sweet friend. That is a humdinger (as my grandad used to say) of a Christmas stocking. Hope your fundraiser was a great success. Happiest of New Years to you and yours. Hugs, Annie

Merle said...

Dear Lee-ann - Great post about all the Festive fun.
Thank you so much for commenting on some of my brother's updates on my health. I am home now and getting stronger after 6 weeks in hospital I was pretty weak. Sorry I missed your birthday too - maybe
next year.Take care and thank you very much for your caring ccomments.
Love, Merle.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin