Sunday, July 24, 2011

damaged myself "Again!"

I am the worst for cutting myself..........no not intentional but one would think so.


Here is the latest happening about two weeks ago my husbands lodge was having a funeral in their hall and us ladies were doing the wake.


I got there very early in the morning and was rushing about making lovely scones to have halved and topped with jam and cream and made sponges the night before to cut open and use that day.....


Well the scones went well and instead of stopping for just a moment while I waited for others to arrive to help and make myself a cuppa......I decided to rush over to the cupboard and grab a very sharp knife to cut open the sponges and as I put my hand in the box remembering and reading all the signs "sharp knives" be careful I slowed down a bit to get the right knife and took it out of the cupboard and as I turned the handle of the knife got court in the hing side of the door and as it jammed in there My hand slid down the knife blade and yes!! I almost cut off my little finger!!


I looked down to see the blood going in all directions and yelled for the men to help me so what do they do they are all rushing to find a band aid to put on it, I said nope!! bit worse then that and one of them almost fainted while rob gets the car and takes me to the doctors.....now I feel like fainting. An hour later and 12 stitches I am back there in a supervisory roll only until the funeral is over then I collapsed and needed a good strong cup of tea!!!


The stitches are out but I nicked my tendon and cut all the nerves and have very little feeling in most of my finger so now I may have to have an operation to repair that why will know in a few weeks.



This is just a moment in my week my friends! but it could have changed my life for sure.



Hugs to you all on this very wet cold and windy night in Victoria Australia

8 comments:

Connie said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds quite painful and scary too. I'm sorry to hear this. It's good the men were there, and you weren't alone so someone could drive you to the hospital. Good luck with the surgery if they decide it is necessary.

Annie Jeffries said...

Good freaking GRIEF!!!, Lee-Ann. What a save that you didn't actually lose your finger. The alternative sounds like it is just as bad though. I hope the nerves eventually put themselves back together.

So glad to be hearing from you again. Rob sounds like he is on high alert and really together.

About the kitchen - I did the other side several years ago and then got bored with the project (much to hubby's chagrin). But now that I'm tackling the remaining side, there are things I don't like about the finished side - so - I'm fixing what I don't like after I finish up. Shhh. Don't tell the hubs. LOL

Gina E. said...

OUCH! Well, that will slow you down for a bit, if nothing else will! I do hope it heals up without you having to have an operation...we've all had enough of hospitals for a while, don't you agree?? Take care of yourself my friend and let nature heal your finger in peace. That is, don't go using it before it is healed properly!

RachelD said...

Oh, my Dear!! Those tiny moments, when we're in a hurry and things just conspire.

I do hope that you're knitting well and will soon be all healed and nimble again.

I really appreciate the wish from the cold rainy night---we've had our first rain today in what seems like at least a month---our grass is so crisp and brown, you can hear it crackle when you walk.

It's been record-breaking heat here for a week, and the rain is refreshing and hopeful.

Hope all is well with you and your dear family!

rachel

Merle said...

Dear Lee-Ann ~~ How awful to cut your finger so badly. I hope it heals well and does not require surgery. I am glad your husband was
there to take you to the doctor and so glad he is well again.
I am glad you enjoyed my post and got a few laughs. Please take better care my friend, Love, Merle.

Carole Burant said...

Omigosh, Lee-ann, what a thing to happen! Just goes to show how easily these freak accidents can happen. Thank goodness you weren't alone in the building and could get help right away. I had a friend whose son cut his little finger like that and he could never straighten it out afterwards because he had cut the tendon. He could have had surgery but never went for it. Take good care of yourself and stay away from sharp knives! lol xoxo

Mountain Mama said...

That just makes me shudder!!!! I hope your finger will be ok and no surgery will be necessary. Cuts like that are always such a shock!

Maggie Ann said...

Lee Ann, I am sorry you had such a thing happen! I too hope you won't need the surgery and will pray for you. Its a shock to read what happened to you.....can't imagine how awlful it was for you. What a good thing you were not alone and others were within calling distance.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin