Monday, October 22, 2012

Family tree! passing it on!

Last week my husband and I went to visit the grave of his family members in Nathalia
AND......
While we were there I took some photos for people I do not know and of their family I also do not know, but in this world there is not enough "Just because I can!"
 So if these people are your people and if you want to add any of these photos to your family tree.
Please simply take them and then help someone else along the family tree way! when you can.

I do not like it when you find a photo of a grave you cannot visit and find it is yours for a fee!!

So here they are. From Nathalia Cemetery. Barwon in the river region of Victoria almost into NSW!

 Duncan McDonald and his wife Jane and two sons George Duncan McDonald and Peter Drummond McDonald and grand daughter Mary Ethel McVicor.

 Abraham Motherwell Warner. This grave we hope to go back and clean up while it is not our family it is important to someone I am sure. It was saved from the river floods we had several months back and you can see the sand bagging left over from then.

 Mary Ann Davidson and her husband John L.Davidson and other members of the family

 Elizabeth Heddell died 1882 and Andrew Gordon Heddell and family.

 Agnes Collam died 1889 and Husband John Collam and family. Also other head stone also family; Anthony Thompson and family also in memory of Cpl Philip Thompson died in France 24th August 1918

 Ellen Hawker wife of Albert Hawker and family members.


I hope upon hope that one of these belongs to a family tree your are researching and that I have helped in some small way.


This is my Monday! full of hope for others!!!





5 comments:

RachelD said...

None of these names show up even in the far-reaching branches of our family, but I appreciate so much that you took the time to publish these. There's no telling whose heart will be lightened and aided to remember these long-ago relatives.

What a lovely thing to do!

Hope you and Rob are just doing splendidly, and that the Spring sunshine continues to smile on you.

rachel

Carole Burant said...

Bless your heart for taking pictures of these graves and posting them because as you say, they could be members of a family tree that someone is searching for. I love walking through old cemeteries and can spend hours admiring and reading all the stones:-) xoxo

RachelD said...

P.S. I hope you WILL try the S'mores---they're a decades-old treat at childhood campfires, "weenie roasts" and any outdoor cookout, but a grill, either gas or charcoal, is a bit hot for such quick-seared items as marshmallows.

I even looked up YOUR equivalent of Graham Crackers, and almost everyone said, "Digestive Biscuits." The ones we have were, I think, a therapeutic item way back when Mr. Graham invented the things---LOADS of fiber, etc.

Nowadays, they're still the same rectangles of slightly-sweet compressed-together sawdust, but so familiar as to be necessary to such a dish. They're like little rectangular planks with a center perforation (or perhaps three, for snapping into four parts). You use a half for each side of the sandwich.

Lay down a half (or a think single biscuit, if they're square or round), spread it with peanut butter if you like (I don't), and then lay on a couple of whatever chocolate squares you like best. Tradition calls for Hershey bars, clicked into single squares or twosies.

The original tools were sticks, I'm sure, and then came the long-time custom of straightening out those wire coat-hangers into a long stick. Even the hook makes a likely handhold on one end.

Toast your marshmallow to your liking (we've often done them on little wooden skewers over the candles after dinner). Lay it down upon the chocolate, give it a moment to soften, then lay on the top cracker and press gently.

And lean forward to eat, for they'll ooze over hands, face and shirtfront.

I hope you try these---Summer is coming.

Carole Burant said...

It's me again:-)

Here's a little poem I'm sharing with everyone today...

This is Halloween

Goblins on the doorstep,
Phantoms in the air,
Owls on witches' gate posts,
Giving stare for stare.

Cats on flying broomsticks,
Bats against the moon,
Stirring round of fate-cakes,
With a solemn spoon.

Whirling apple parings,
Figures draped in sheets,
Dodging, disappearing,
Up and down the streets.

Jack-o'-lanterns grinning,
Shadows on a screen,
Shrieks and starts and laughter--
This is Halloween!

Happy Halloween, dear LeeAnn, make sure you come by my blog today for my Halloween Bash and see what costume I dressed you up in! hehe xoxo

Mountain Mama said...

What a kind thing for you to do. I don't have any family there that I know of but I sure wish someone would do this in areas where i do have family buried.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin